We would like to thank our generous MIAS Show Sponsors
You may register fleeces through the online registration process. MOPACA members pay $20 for each entry. Non-members are $40 per entry. Enter your 4th fleece FREE! Fleece entry tags will be automatically completed online and can be printed at the time of registration. Follow the online instructions for mailing the fleece.
MOPACA is teaming up with the Wisconsin Alpaca and Fiber Fest (April 29-30) to transport fleeces between the shows for free. See details below.
• Fleece entries must be of prime fiber, displayed full and intact in a clear plastic bag.
• Check the AOA Show Division Handbook for current rules including fleece length requirements for Huacaya and Suri entries.
• Fleeces shall not be washed or enhanced and must be skirted and displayed cut side out for Huacaya and cut side in for Suri.
• Fleeces shall not be shown beyond 380 days of shearing date.
• Each fleece must have a completed Fleece Entry Tag placed inside the bag.
• A copy of the ARI Certificate, Judge’s Disclosure Form and, if appropriate, Owner of Record Form should accompany each entry.
• To have your fleece returned by mail, please send a pre-paid postage label or a check for the same amount as the mail-in cost with your fleece entry.
• Please make sure to sign the appropriate place on the Fleece Entry Tag if someone other than you will retrieve your fleece. If your fleece is also entered in the Wisconsin Alpaca and Fiber Fest (WISAFF), please write “WISAFF” on the signature line of the MOPACA fleece tag. (The WISAFF fleece tag will be added to your fleece when it arrives in Wisconsin and the MOPACA paperwork with any ribbons removed.)
• Fleece Entries must be registered by March 20, 2017, and received by March 25. 2017.
Judging will take place on March 31, 2017, at the show, and fleeces will be on exhibit April 1st and 2nd. Wade Gease will judge the fleeces.
Special awards will be given for deserving entries.
For questions regarding the fleece show, contact the Fleece Superintendents:
Brian & Sharon Heimes, Fleece Superintendents
16842 Metro Avenue
Bonner Springs, KS 66012